MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sean Sherk Is Looking For Redemtion May 24th At UFC 84


UFC Lightweight Champion BJ "The Prodigy" Penn puts his title on the line fighting former champ Sean "The Muscle" Sherk May, 24 2008 live on PPV at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Nevada.

When I spoke with Sean this past Wednesday 5/15/2008, nearly one week before the fight, he told me, "This is chance at redemption for me. I lost my belt for something I didn't do. This is an opportunity for me to redeem myself, get my belt back and beat one of the better fighters in the world. You know? Become the two time UFC Lightweight Champion."

Sean had his title stripped after a drawn out steroids accusation. The title became vacant allowing BJ to swoop in and take over the title after defeating Joe "Daddy" Stevenson in Jan. of 2008.

I had to agree with Sean when he stated, "This is obviously a fight people have wanted to see for a long time. Me and BJ have been two of the top ranked fighters for five or six years now. This should be a dream match up." He went on to say, "This is probably the biggest fight of my career. You've got two of the best lightweights on the planet, and the fans, they're going to be happy."

Here is the full audio version of Penny's interview with Sean Sherk:



by Penny Buffington of mma-underground.com

No comments: