MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tim Creduer says, “Right now, I just defiantly want to help Forrest get that win and defend his title."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

UFC middleweight fighter Tim Creduer’s mixed martial arts record is 11 wins with 2 losses. “I have about 20 or so more fights. I’ve been fighting since 95.They didn’t really have data bases and stuff. But, the records they have on Sherdog are the records they use for the UFC.” According to Sherdog.com fight statistics, Tim Credeur, The Ultimate Fighter season 7 cast member has not lost a fight since 2006. For the other lose we would have to go all the way back to 2002. Fights from the reality show are not included in the record.

Fresh off his TKO win over Nate Loughran at the UFC Fight for The Troops event on December 10 Tim tells us, “I’m going to Vegas for about 3 weeks. It is the last week of Forrest’s preparation for Rashad. I went out there about a month ago and trained with him for about a week or so and I’m going back for his last week. Just to help him kind of be comfortable and be ready for his last week. We are friends and we train together so I try to support him, help him. My wife is coming with me. We will probably do Christmas after and start looking to the road ahead. But right now, I just defiantly want to help Forrest get that win and defend his title. I guess I’ll start thinking about me next. I’m really ready and able to fight anybody the UFC wants me to fight. My job is just showing up and having exciting performances. I don’t really care who it is against really.”

Tim began fighting Judo in the Navy in 1995. “There were still MMA fights going on back then, like in Mexico. Kind of some more underground stuff because it wasn’t necessarily legal back then. We were just trying to keep the sport alive. The UFC was going on but other than that the shows were very small. I started with the Navy Judo Team. My dad was a boxer I’ve been boxing and around boxing: well, combat sports all my life. I guess when I started with the Navy was really when I really started Judo training for real, I was about 18 years old.”

The 31 year old mixed martial arts fighter talks about his previous decision to quit the sport. “The show changed my life. There is no doubt about it. I was going to retire in September of 07. I had a fight in the largest coliseum I guess in the Louisiana area. It was at the Cajun Dome in Lafayette. I was the main event and that was going to be my last fight. I was finishing college in December. I got a job with a huge oil company making great money and I’m married. At that point I had been fighting over 10 years. It just kind of got to the point where I just wasn’t seeing any way with my age that I could convert it into something where I could have it as a career. It was kind of getting time where I was going to do this for a career or time to find something else to do. I decided I was going to go ahead and retire after that fight. But I guess a day or two before the fight my wife sat me down and told me it really wasn’t time for me to quit now. Even though it was difficult at times or tuff, she thought that it was going to come around. I thought she was ridiculous. But yeah, I took a couple of more fights and I rattled off a couple of more first round victory’s and then the next thing you know The Ultimate Fighter calls and I’m on the show. Now I am fighting regularly for the UFC. Looking back I was one little Cajun girl’s conversation away from quitting the sport. That is how life is sometimes, sometimes you have got to take a risk and you have to go out on a limb put yourself out there.”

Creduer says his experience on the Ultimate Fighter Season 7 was something he took very seriously, “When I went on the show I wasn’t trying to be cool, I wasn’t having fun, I wasn’t there for the girls. I was there for a career. Some people go to interviews for their career; I went to The Ultimate Fighter. That was really all that I cared about was having a good showing and showing them that I deserved to be there. Eventually making my way into the UFC and making my way up from there. To be at that point now is defiantly serial. To be going to Vegas and help train a World Champion you know it just doesn’t make any sense. You know, I don’t know what going on. A year ago I was working for an oil company.”

Professional athletes rely on sponsors to keep their careers going. As Tim explains, “There are many reasons why we have sponsors. To be a professional athlete is very expensive. For us to take the right amount of supplements, to eat the right amount of food, get the rest we need and be able to devote our lives to training. That requires money to pay our bills, to live our quality of life and at the same time be able to facilitate an environment that is conducive for a professional athlete in terms of nutrition and in terms of supplements. Maximum Nutrition helps me in a bunch of different ways. Of course financially they help me with my fights and my fighting. But more than that; they have a line of supplements that I take pretty much everything they have to offer. And man, it makes a huge difference in life, training. The ability for me to not be sore! I experience a much different level of intensity in my practices. I can go allot longer in training. The next day I can continue going allot longer in training. I don’t have as many injuries. I don’t have as much down time from just exhaustion. I have a lot better muscle content. My body has a lot lower fat percentage. It keeps me on that next level that I really need to be on to compete in a place like the UFC. I defiantly wasn’t the kind of fighter that I am now with the stuff I have got from Maximum Nutrition.”

“My management company is Denaro Sports: http://www.denarosports.com. Robert Roveta is my manager.” Tim also has a MySpace page and an official web page: http://www.tim-credeur.com/ , myspace.com/crazytimbjj.

“I’m a black belt under the Carlson Gracie System and now I have my own gym in Lousianna. We have 15 or 20 pro fighters that fight out of the gym. There is about 100 students who train here and I do go back and forth to Vegas to train at Extreme Couture with Forrest and them.”

Tim finished the interview saying, “Thanks for the support. I really appreciate everybody being behind me and believing in me. I will continue to pushing forward and hopefully get some big wins in the future.”

To Listen to the Audio from Tim Creduer Interview:


No comments: