MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Joe "Daddy" Stevenson - "There are few things I take serious, my training my family and God."




UFC 86 (JACKSON VS. GRIFFIN, Saturday, July 5th, live on Pay-Per-View from Las Vegas, NV.) is going to be some serious fun for MMA fans! You can view the fight card at UFC.com. Joe "Daddy" Stevenson will be fighting in the lightweight category against Gleison Tibau. Gleison is from Brazil and is now fighting out of American Top Team in Florida. Joe has an impressive mixed martial arts pro record of 33 wins and 8 losses. I asked Joe about his upcoming fight, "I'm fighting Gleison on Saturday. Everyone is pretty much aware of that. What they are not aware of is this will be the first fight that my son Joey will be ever attending. I'm really excited about that. I'm glad to be back in Los Vegas. England was fun but Vegas is my home." Joe is a happily married father of 4 boys: 2month, 2, 5 and 7 year olds. Joe fought for the Lightweight Title, and lost to BJ Penn, in England at UFC 80 in Jan. of this year.


Some fighters have their own mixed martial arts schools. Joe Daddy is one such fighter. He told me, "I train at Joe Stevenson's Cobra Kai in Victorville, Ca." He is managed by Dean Albright. Joe began fighting for the UFC in 2005. Since joining the UFC he has fought 7 times. Before that he fought most of his fights for such organizations as, King of the Cage, Gladiator Challenge and The Bas Rutten Invitational.


After the fight Joe talks about his plan. "I'm going to go immediately and teach next week at my gym and the week after that I'm going to take my family down to the beach and just have a week with them. Then I'll be back to teaching."


Joe describes himself to us, "You pretty much can read my character and my personality on my sleeve. I'm pretty laid back. There are few things I take serious, my training and my family and God. Other than that, I just like to have a good time."


As we Wrapped it up Joe said, "I hope that everyone tunes in and gets ready for a great show. I've taken this fight really serious and I want to finish." July 4th millions of eyes will look to the sky for the light show but on July 5th look to the Octagon for the real fireworks.


by Penny Buffington of MMA-Underground.com


Joe would like you to visit his Sponsors:


http://www.warriorwearclothing.com/


http://www.sprawl.tv/


http://www.brawlmall.com/Joe-Stevenson-Store-s/23.htm


http://www.rockheadbikes.com/


Penny Buffington's Audio Clips from Interview with Joe Stevenson:






No comments: