MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Shane Carwin has a knockout UFC debut (Shane Carwin Interview)




Shane Carwin made his UFC debut at UFC 84 on May, 24th. 2008. What a debut it was! Shane knocked out Christian Wellisch just forty four seconds into round one. It was a spectacular knockout! I got to speak with Shane to get his thoughts on the fight. Shane told me, "I felt good before the fight. I trained; forever it seems like, for this so my confidence was there as far as conditioning and technical stuff. Once you do all that stuff, with things in the right place, I felt comfortable before the fight. A couple of days before the fight my nerves started to get to me a little bit, but I just relaxed and let things be. Right before the fight, once I got warmed up and was ready to go, I felt great and was excited to get out there and fight."


After the fight Shane's mood had changed. He said," Oh man, complete excitement! I don't know if I've ever been that excited even after I won the national championship in wrestling! It was great to be there and it was such an experience. The UFC treated me well. I was excited for me, my teammates, my coaches, family, and all my friends as well."


Shane has a mixed martial arts record of 10 wins with no losses. His first fight was in 2005 for World Extreme Cagefighting. He has also fought for Extreme Wars, Ultimate Texas Showdown, The Art of War and Ring of Fire. Shane does not have a manager. He says, "I like it that way. My management team is my coach Trevor, (Whitman) Nate Marquardt and Christian Allen. All my trainers and me come together and collaborate." He trains out of Denver, Colorado at T's KO Fight Club. You can visit the website at the following web address: www.tskofightclub.com. He also has a major sponsor: http://www.grudgefightwear.com/.


Shane "The Monster" Carwin plans on staying with the UFC as long as they will allow him to. This makes me happy to know. As a fan I go for the really nice guys that can kick some major ass. See how Shane describes himself, "I'm a normal guy. I'm down to earth and very approachable. I like to go out and fight. That is what I love to do. I like to finish quick. I like to be exciting. I think that is just my fighting style, explosive." I'm all for it! When is the next Shane Carwin fight?


by Penny Buffington of MMA-Underground.com


Here are the audio clips from Penny Buffington's Interview with Shane Carwin:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mi0biCRrqwo








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny! LOVED your interview with Shane. He is such an amazing fighter. It was great to get to know him better. great questions!!!! Keep up the great work girl!!

Anonymous said...

Penny....you rock girl!