MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

What is the truth? Interview with Brandon "The Truth" Vera

by Penny Buffington of MMA-Underground.com


We can see Brandon "The Truth" Vera fight in a matter of days! I spoke with Brandon about his upcoming fight just last night. He told me, "I'm fighting Fabricio ["Vai Cavalo"] Werdum, In London, at the '02 Arena. He is probably by far my most challenging match ever! He is ranked number 6 in the world for a reason. He is for sure good. He's no slouch." He also said, "It is going to be a good fight. I'm looking forward to fighting Werdom and giving it everything that I have." The fight can be seen live on PPV sat. June 7th.

During Brandon's last fight, against Tim Sylvia, Brandon broke his hand. Brandon explained to me that earlier in the day, "I had to be formally cleared by my physician that said my hand is good to fight." He also explained this was just a formality. Brandon Vera is partial owner of City Boxing out of San Diego, CA. You can go to the official webpage at the following web address: http://www.cityboxing.com/. He is married to his beautiful wife Kerry. Kerry was on the television show "Fight Girls". I suspect Brandon is a very busy man. He said, "My life is pretty much secluded. Actually, it's okay. Right now I have partners at my gym that actually take care of the gym while I'm gone." Brandon is not at the gym right now because he is, "Over on the east coast training. All I do is just, train-eat-sleep, train-eat-sleep, train-eat-sleep. That's it. So I'm not really busy. It's nice to get back into a zone like that."

I asked Brandon who was managing him, only to learn that this boy goes it alone! He said, "An issue came up with the California Athletic Commission about management stuff and terms. So as far as the fight career is concerned, I manage myself. For my endorsement deals I'm managed by NCFC."

Wrapping up with Brandon I got his final thought on the upcoming fight. He told me, "It's going to be a good fight. Just because I lost one doesn't mean you need to put me on the back of the bus. You're going to find out why I'm called "The Truth"; everybody will see it come June 7th."

Audio Clips from Penny Buffington's Interview with Brandon Vera:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great going Penny!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Penny, i love your interviews...always a great read!
Thanks,Wanda

Anonymous said...

I did not name the correct gym for Brandon. >:(
It was auposed to be:
Alliance Training Center
http://www.alliancemma.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hooking up the AUDIO CLIP!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! always lookin forward to your work!!!! thank you for sharing!!