MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

MMA - It Takes a Lot


Toby "TigerHeart" Grear


As a promoter I am constantly getting emails and calls from people wanting to fight in my events. It is nice to have a continual flow of fresh faces willing to step into the cage. One problem that promoters face is the large number of people who have no experience or proper training. It's not uncommon to have someone tell you they want to be on your fight card and learn that they have no training whatsoever. I would love to help them out, but, I'm not in this business to get someone killed or handicapped for life. I am looking for the matches that are most even and will last longer than the first 35 seconds. Uneven matches make for a poor event and the fans notice these kinds of things. I am willing to give a fighter their first match, but not if they tell me that they only train in Tai Kwan Do. I want to see well rounded fighters, who can handle themselves on their feet or on the ground. So here are some things to think about before you try to make the jump into the cage.

Click here for the full story

No comments: