MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Why does MMA intrigue you?

I would like to start off by introducing myself to all of you fighters, fans, promoters, sponsors and anyone involved in the world of mixed martial arts! My name is Donna Knoll from Atlanta, Georgia. I was a taekwondo student briefly as a child, but never stuck with it because we moved around so much with the Army. It wasn't until 1993 and the first UFC that I developed an interest for Mixed Martial Arts. Like many, I was in awe watching Royce Gracie dominate Gerard Gordeau who was a much larger fighter. I lost touch for a few years when I lived overseas in Germany, but throughout the past several years, my passion for following MMA has grown. Most people I meet who are not knowledgeable about the sport are shocked that I am such a big fan of MMA; to that I say, "Don't let the feminine appearance fool you". I can get loud and obnoxious watching a fight...

Click here for Donna's full article

No comments: