MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Monday, April 14, 2008

OttO raps with Pete Spratt - 4/13/2008



First off, would you like to give your thoughts and feelings about your upcoming fight on April 26th?

I am confident that I will put on a great performance on April 26th. I really don't know much about Von Flue other than he is a fellow TUF member, his ground game is good and that he has a nice technique named after him. I feel if I bring my A game I will do well in the fight and I am there to put on a great show for the VA fans.

What exactly led you to want to fight professionally in MMA?

I really didn't want to pursue a career in MMA. It just kind of fell into my lap. I was training Kenpo Karate, boxing and kickboxing while in college during the off season's to stay in shape for football. After not getting my shot with Buffalo, Philly or Washington I decided to give up football. I didn't want to play CFL or Arena ball so I gave it all up and decided to continue my education and be a graduate assistant at my Alma mater Southeastern Oklahoma State University. While coaching and training I had a couple of friends that were fighting professionally in MMA and I decided to give it a shot and I enjoyed it. This gave me an outlet to appease my appetite for contact and be a professional athlete and 9 years later it has become my way of life.

Click here for the full interview

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job otto!

Anonymous said...

Awesome interview man!