MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shogun Rua eyes return in September

“The surgery was very quick, lasted 50 minutes, was quiet. Now I hope for healing and I think here in about two months I can return to training slowly, very cautiously…. Depending on my recovery, I think that I can fight again in September or October. We always talked with Dana White and also would like to thank him because the UFC offered me a doctor, a physical therapist — all to get me help. They have been very attentive with me.”
– Mauricio “Shogun” Rua tells Sherdog.com that his knee surgery was successful and that he hopes to return as soon as September if all things go according to plan. Rua disclosed a knee injury after his submission loss to Forrest Griffin in the Brazilian’s Octagon debut at UFC 76: “Knockout” in September 2007. He had it fixed after that fight, but reinjured the knee while training for Chuck Liddell at UFC 85 in June. Rashad Evans was tapped as Rua’s replacement.

No comments: