MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Promoter's Life

by John Poe



When you think of a Promoter, you think of money, power, and the glitz. Most people see them at the shows hob-knobbing with fighters, ring girls, politicians, and practically everyone. What most people fail to see is what goes on behind the scenes. It's not that glamorous and actually is very stressful. I thought I would share the heartaches and triumphs in promoting a show. This is how it happened and what I went through.

Having been involved in martial arts since childhood, I was drawn into the world of MMA from the start. I don't want to give my actual age, but let's say I was an adult watching the first UFC from my living room. In 2007 I felt secure in my career and decided to make the jump into promoting...

Click here for the full article

No comments: