MMA Underground

A site for MMA Fans and fighters
by MMA Fans and Fighters.

Monday, April 7, 2008

OttO's predictions for UFC 83, April 19th, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Let me start off by saying, that this fight card is definitely showcasing some of the finest talents from both north and south of the border, and it is somewhat hard to choose a winner for some. But, after some careful consideration, I believe that I can provide you all with my own personal predictions for this particular event, the first of its kind in the Great White North!

It is my understanding that the first bout on the main card will be Mark Bocek from Toronto, and the most recent TUF winner Mac Danzig. Of course this may not be true, but I feel it is a good place to start, anyways. Personally I feel that neither of these men is lacking in raw talent, but I would have to give this one to Mac. Although Bocek has a very impressive record, only losing to tough wrestler Frankie "The Answer" Edgar (who remained undefeated until Saturday night, of course), I do not believe that he has the amount of experience, or even the pure strength to compete at Mac's level. The man is the epitome of pure professionalism, and he's shown time and time again that even without animal protein, one can achieve great success in MMA. So, that being said, I'm calling it like this: Danzig the victor by triangle choke in the 2nd round.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL STORY

Photo courtesy of: http://www.newsday.com/

No comments: